We take your right to privacy seriously and want you to feel comfortable using this web site. This policy explains the type of personal information we collect from you, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
CHL member teams are independently owned and operated and are responsible for adopting their own privacy policies.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, birth date, medical records, credit records.
Collection of Personal Information
The CHL does not automatically collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or email address when you visit this site. Such information will be collected by the CHL if you provide it to us in order to:
- participate in CHL Forums
- receive our newsletter
- enter a contest or promotion
- order products through CHLshop.ca
- request information from us.
We do not require that any personal information be provided in order to view our website.
The CHL collects only the personal information required to provide products and services to you.
If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be requested at or before the time the information is collected. Examples of reasons we collect personal information include:
- to respond to your inquiries and send you requested information
- to provide products and services you request
- to allow you to participate in contests and promotions
- to process and keep track of transactions through CHLshop.ca and report back to you
- to protect against fraud and error
- to recommend products and services that the CHL believes will be of interest to you
- to comply with legal and government regulations.
Retention of Personal Information
The CHL does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason. We do not share your personal information without your consent with any third party organizations except to offer you products or services.
The CHL retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal or provincial laws.
You can change your consent preferences at any time or request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information by contacting our Privacy Manager at CHLinfo@CHL.ca
- A cookie does not tell us who you are, your email address, or any other personal information. We use the information it provides to help us improve the site and our service, and to provide our visitors with a better website visit.
- Even without accepting a cookie you can still access most of the features on the site. There may, however, be limitations on your use of some site functions.
Links to other Websites
This site may contain links to websites of third parties. The CHL is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
By using CHL.ca and CHL.com, you are consenting to the information collection and use described in this policy.
1. Collection of data
Registration of a user account on this site requires only a valid e-mail address and a user name that has not been used already. You are not required to provide any other information if do not want to. Please be aware that the user name you choose, the e-mail address you provide and other information you provide may render you personally identifiable, and may possibly be displayed on this web site intentionally (depending on choices you make during the registration process, or on the way in which the site is configured) or unintentionally (such as, but not limited to, subsequent to a successful act of intrusion by a third party). As on many web sites, the site editor may also automatically receive general information that is contained in server log files, such as your IP address, and cookie information. Information about how advertising may be served on this site (if it is the site editor's policy to display advertising) is set forth below.
2. Use of data
People aged thirteen or younger are not allowed to become registered users of this site. For more information, please contact the webmaster.
5. Editing or deleting your account information
Changes may be made to this policy from time to time. You will be notified of substantial changes to this policy either by through the posting of a prominent announcement on the site, and/or by a message being sent to the e-mail address you have provided, which is contained in your user settings.
7. NO GUARANTEES
8. Contact information
If you have any questions about this policy or this web site, please feel free to contact the webmaster.